While the weather is nice, you can get to know your neighbors better by hosting a ‘fly the flag’ party. At these parties MNA board members also come with petitions and notary for those who wish to learn more about, and sign CID petitions. The party is hosted by volunteers in the MNA neighborhood area, and are usually held in the driveway, front yard, porch or sometimes the back yard of the host house. We fly a flag to help attendees identify the host house – and are in process of tracking down our flag, or we’ll buy a new one. 🙂 You can click here for a list of events upcoming.
How the parties work:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to host a ‘fly the flag’ party
- Select a date: MNA board members will work with you to select a date when no other parties are occurring. The parties usually occur cocktail hour style between 5-7pm.
- Invitations: You invite the neighbors on your street, and MNA will take care of posting details on the Facebook page and here on the website under the events tab. If time allows, we will also post in the newsletter.
- Party supplies:
- MNAKC will supply a tent, 3 tables, wine and beer.
- The host and attendees should plan to bring an appetizer or snacks to share (the host should mention this when inviting people face/face from their street)
Happy flag flying and hope to see many of these parties this summer!