Sunset Supper – Saturday, September 16th 5pm to 8pm
- WHERE: Morningside Drive, between 61st and 62nd streets.
- WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Bring a side dish or a desert and a chair
- WHAT MNA IS PROVIDING: the Neighborhood Association provides drinks, hamburgers and hot dogs.
We have three new exciting businesses open in the Brookside area – fitness and fashion!! If you have new Brookside business openings to post here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to highlight all new businesses for our local neighbors:
- Barre3 studio – opening 4/10/17
- Orange Theory fitness – open
- Coco Brookside (ladies boutique) – opened on 4/1/17
The Brookside Farmer’s market will continue through November 26th. Be sure to stop by while the weather is still lovely – and pick up all your Thanksgiving meal essentials!
The Farmers’ Market is the only all-organic farmers’ market in Kansas City! Come every Saturday, April 16 through November 26. Regular hours are 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. In October and November, the market is open 9 a.m. – 12 noon. Find us at 63rd Street and Wornall Road. They have local organic fruits and vegetables, eggs, meats, coffee, bakery items, and so much more!
Its’ almost here – the annual MNA Sunset Supper! Come gather with neighbors and friends and lets ring in the fall.
- WHEN: September 10th at 6pm
- WHERE: Morningside Drive between 61st and 62nd streets
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, all the fixings, 1 keg and a small amount of wine will be provided for you by MNA
- What YOU need to bring: lawn chair& side dish to share
- Zoo Mobile will be there with animals from the Kansas City Zoo
- Bounce house- not yet confirmed, but in process
- Firetruck- not yet confirmed, but in process
- Band- in process
- PLEASE NO DOGS (due to the zoo animals)
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Friendly reminder of the upcoming events in August and September. You can always check the latest events on the events page as well.
- August 5, 2016. 6pm. Fly the Flag Party @ the Hansen House. 5900 McGee
- August 23, 2106. 7pm. MNA Monthly Meeting. All are welcome! Charlie Hoopers
- August 26, 2016.Fly the Flag Party @ the Esslinger House. 5921 Walnut St.
A big THANK YOU goes out to MNA’s board member Tom Dubbert, for his crew’s consistent efforts in behalf of our Morningside gardens.
While the weather is nice, you can get to know your neighbors better by hosting a ‘fly the flag’ party. At these parties MNA board members also come with petitions and notary for those who wish to learn more about, and sign CID petitions. The party is hosted by volunteers in the MNA neighborhood area, and are usually held in the driveway, front yard, porch or sometimes the back yard of the host house. We fly a flag to help attendees identify the host house – and are in process of tracking down our flag, or we’ll buy a new one. 🙂 You can click here for a list of events upcoming.
How the parties work:
- Email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to host a ‘fly the flag’ party
- Select a date: MNA board members will work with you to select a date when no other parties are occurring. The parties usually occur cocktail hour style between 5-7pm.
- Invitations: You invite the neighbors on your street, and MNA will take care of posting details on the Facebook page and here on the website under the events tab. If time allows, we will also post in the newsletter.
- Party supplies:
- MNAKC will supply a tent, 3 tables, wine and beer.
- The host and attendees should plan to bring an appetizer or snacks to share (the host should mention this when inviting people face/face from their street)
Happy flag flying and hope to see many of these parties this summer!